Posts Tagged “email”
So, you’ve matched the perfect job to the perfect candidate and sent him/her an email. Why doesn’t (s)he respond? Frustrating isn’t it!
There are a few tips that might help improve your hit rate!
- Send the email from your own email address, as opposed to a generic: contact@, recruitment@ – this is far more personal, and looks a lot less like a template email.
- Think about the time you send it. First thing in the morning is probably best, as your candidate might read it on his commute, or at least it will be at the “top of the list” when (s)he does get a chance to catch up.
- Personalise the subject line. For example: “Mike, I just found this great role I think is perfect for you” – As always, try different subject lines to see what works.
- Ensure it’s relevant – It’s no good just spamming everyone on your list with every job you have, make sure its REALLY relevant. Otherwise you’ll be ignored, or worse still, blocked.
- Keep it short and sweet. Remember that more and more people read emails on mobile devices, so keep it short ant to the point – with a call to action – “Call me!”
5 simple ideas, that should increase your success rates!